Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's Time For Technology Talk




http://edm310fall08podcasts.blogspot.com/
The first one of our EDM 310 podcasts that I listened to was my own. Matt and I discussed "Technology Used in our Classes at South". First of all it was very hard to sit through it and get used to hearing my own voice. Some of the things I noticed that we could have worked on is how nervous we sounded. Also, our is a lot shorter than many of the other podcasts. I think we needed to relax a little bit and I'm pretty sure we would do a lot better if we had practiced more. However, we did make a point to make sure we were making conversation instead of sounding monotoned.

The second podcast I chose to listen to is "College of Education Classes and Technologyhttp://edm310fall08podcasts.blogspot.com/ Used in Them" by Kathryn Bentley, Kerri Owens, and Hanna Nolan. One thing that could have made this podcast better is being a little more certain about the facts. They incorporated everyone into the conversation very well but then everyone is uncertain about the question asked. I was very interested to know about the scale of 1-10 and the consequences of scoring a 1 on anything in Foliotek. I think these girls did a wonderful job with their speaking skills though. Everything was heard very clearly.

The next podchttp://edm310fall08podcasts.blogspot.com/ast I decided to check out were my good old buddies Brooke Busby, Kimberly Pierce, and Ashley Corley while they talked about Experiences with Blogging. The information used for this podcast was very interesting. The only advice I could give is to make it sound a little more like conversation rather than just reading. I understand though that it was our first podcast and none of us did a spectacular job. I enjoyed watching everyone do them more than listening to them by myself.

The last podcast I listen to was Joye Wiggins, Rachael Beaty, and Keller Weathers. I think this group did the best at making these sound like a real conversation. Again the topic they discussed was very interesting and easy to hold listeners attention. I think this group had the same problem I did, with trying to spit out what they wanted to say. We all could have worked on that a little more. I think it got us off to a very good start doing our podcasts in Mrs. Averitt's class. http://edm310fall08podcasts.blogspot.com/

No comments: