Wednesday, September 3, 2008

ALEX

ALEX, also known as the Alabama Exhange is a computer program for teacher, parents, and students that allows them to share lesson plans quickly. I think the most useful feature on the page is "lesson plans". You can choose from a number of subjects then after choosing the subject you can choose by grade or keywords to find lesson plans for what you are teaching. Another feature is the "weblinks" where a teacher, administrator, or student can find very helpful links. I believe you can also create a "personal workspace" which would keep things for your eyes only. The website also gets into "professional learning" with information about things like Special Eduation and Alabama Leader Developmeant. The "distance learning" feature talks about ACCESS which I will know more about fo my next blog. I am still a little confused about how all of this works but I hoped this helped a little bit!

2 comments:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Good work Jill. ALEX is a resource for teachers, students, and parents. Hopefully you will use this resource in your future class that you teach. There are a lot of great ideas here and I understand the weblink section is very good.

Jill said...

Thanks!