Wednesday, September 24, 2008

International Blogs

comic of a man saying it says here you're a professional booger and the man replies that's blogger

The first international log I found is a teacher in Brazil who uses the blog to communicate with his class. He answers some of the questions that his students post to him. Also another thing I have yet to see on a blog, he had a place where the students would take a vocabulary quiz. It was very interesting I almost wish I was one of his students so I could see what the test was like. The top of the page said "blog designed to test and discuss web tools that can enhance language learning". The teacher also put many helpful links and tools on the right of the page such as a Google Search, the Cambridge Dictionary, and a slang dictionary which I thought was very funny. I think everyone should check out this blog I believe it was the most organized and easiest to follow and use the tools. The link to this blog is http://ihopeitworks.blogspot.com/.



The second blog I chose to check out was started by a teacher named Erin Freeman from New Zealand. The name of her blog is M3teacher, which I think is very clever. This blog teacher from New Zealanduses many interesting techniques to communicate with the teacher. One blog post had an invitation to study at a pizza bar. It had a place where the people who were coming could put their names. Also the teacher posts weekly, a list called "Diigo's Bookmarks." These are links that the teacher thought her kids or parents might find interesting or useful. Some of these links included online flashcards and other fun ways of learning. I have placed a picture of the teacher to the right. The link to this site is http://m3teacher.blogspot.com/.

2 comments:

Jennifer Averitt said...

EXCELLENT, this is the kind of work I like seeing you do. Keep it up!

Kimberly Pierce's EDM310 Blog said...

This school knows how to cut down on the paperwork by testing online using blogging. Sounds like a good idea to me!